What all is in here?

tehcarltondance
So, quick question: Is weapon/armor code already implemented? Also, where does
Nakedmud stand on combat and skill systems?

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[hidden email]
    mailto:[hidden email]

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: What all is in here?

DaftPun
Coming from an LPC background myself, I would compare Nakedmud to the Foundation mudlib. Rooms, mobs and objects are implemented but there is no combat/skill system implemented. But there is a stats module available on Nakedmud's site.

            So, quick question: Is weapon/armor code already implemented? Also, where does

Nakedmud stand on combat and skill systems?

Re: What all is in here?

Kevin Morgan
Quick answer: The weapon and armor code is not already implemented, and
neither is the combat and skills system. I believe that you can download
some skills system and (is it out there, Geoff?) a combat system. But it's
rather easy to code one in yourself.

Imagine NakedMUD like a mud-driver for PYTHON muds with a minimal LIB
installed. Basically you have at your disposal the tools to create a world
- objects, npcs, rooms, commands, etc. and the ability to do it the way you
see fit. There isn't anything to stop you from writing a channel system in
Python. Writing extensions to characters, npcs, objects, etc. in Python.

The documentation is a bit on the sparse side -- but truly the system works
really well for what it does and had it of popped out a few years earlier
I'm almost positive it would have gone very far with LPC and Diku addicts
alike. I'm constantly impressed by Geoff's work with it.

I've modified the system a tiny bit myself, but the newer versions of NM
also abstract the driver and world further apart which is a great plus for
this type of system.

If you need any help let us know.

Kaylus