Webserver

Stephen Squires
The webserver module, when compiled mentioned that there is no
build_who function in build_who_html function in webserver.c.  I found
the function, it's in lib/pymodules/cmd_inform.py.  Is there any way
to access this or did the creator of the webserver make a mistake?
Anyone who has gotten the webserver to work and can help, I'd
appreciate it a lot.

The offending code is:

// A wrapper function for build_who to be usable in the web server
BUFFER *build_who_html(HASHTABLE *args) {
/* this line here */  return build_who();
}

Thanks!

Steve Squires

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[hidden email]
    mailto:[hidden email]

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: Webserver

Geoff Hollis
build_who(), along with almost all the other inform-related
functions, were originally written in C. So at some point, that line
in the webserver actually made sense. It's pretty outdated now, though.

There's a way to pull the build_who() in information out of Python
while writing in C, but it's kind of a tedious process. You may want
to use getPythonTraceback() in src/scripts/pyplugs.c as a template
for how to get the build_who info.

On Mar 13, 2008, at 2:11 PM, stevesquires42 wrote:

> The webserver module, when compiled mentioned that there is no
> build_who function in build_who_html function in webserver.c. I found
> the function, it's in lib/pymodules/cmd_inform.py. Is there any way
> to access this or did the creator of the webserver make a mistake?
> Anyone who has gotten the webserver to work and can help, I'd
> appreciate it a lot.
>
> The offending code is:
>
> // A wrapper function for build_who to be usable in the web server
> BUFFER *build_who_html(HASHTABLE *args) {
> /* this line here */ return build_who();
> }
>
> Thanks!
>
> Steve Squires

Re: Webserver

Stephen Squires
I tried things again and got the webserver to work by importing the
build_who function from the 2.7 version of NakedMud.  However whenever
I try to access my webserver pages I get a page load error in firefox:
Connection Interrupted

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The network link was interrupted while negotiating a connection.

Anyone have and fix this problem with the NakedMud webserver?

Steve

Please try again.