Trouble Compiling

kerrida_smaug
Hi guys,

Recently my host went down and ate my code, thankfully I had nothing
really major up yet. So I've downloaded the newest version to my
Macbook Pro.

I tried to compile it and I get this:

Building dependencies for time/time.c
cc1: internal compiler error: Bus error
Please submit a full bug report,
See <URL:http://developer.apple.com/bugreporter> for instructions.

This goes on for every file.

Now I used to be able to get 3.5 to compile with no issues after
fixing the Python stuff.  Now, however, I get this same issue when I
try to compile 3.5.

I was hoping that maybe you guys have and idea.

Thanks,
Kerrida

ShadowsDawn

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[hidden email]
    mailto:[hidden email]

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: Trouble Compiling

Jamie Nay
Well at first glance, I'd look towards the OSX side of things, since it
doesn't sound like it has much to do with NakedMud. I happen to use a
MacBook Pro too, and I don't have any troubles compiling. I'm using
NakedMud version 3.6, but that shouldn't matter much for an error like this.

Are you running Tiger or Leopard? Also, what version of GCC? And,
finally, are you compiling in terminal or using a program like xcode?

kerrida_smaug wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> Recently my host went down and ate my code, thankfully I had nothing
> really major up yet. So I've downloaded the newest version to my
> Macbook Pro.
>
> I tried to compile it and I get this:
>
> Building dependencies for time/time.c
> cc1: internal compiler error: Bus error
> Please submit a full bug report,
> See <URL:http://developer.apple.com/bugreporter
> <http://developer.apple.com/bugreporter>> for instructions.
>
> This goes on for every file.
>
> Now I used to be able to get 3.5 to compile with no issues after
> fixing the Python stuff. Now, however, I get this same issue when I
> try to compile 3.5.
>
> I was hoping that maybe you guys have and idea.
>
> Thanks,
> Kerrida
>
> ShadowsDawn

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[hidden email]
    mailto:[hidden email]

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: Trouble Compiling

kerrida_smaug
Yeah I'm betting it's a OSX issue as well.  May be taking it to the
tech desk and having them reimage the thing.

Using Leopard.

GCC:
i686-apple-darwin9-gcc-4.0.1

I'm using terminal as I don't like working in IDEs usually when
coding.  Much prefer my text editor and command prompt.

Thanks,
Kerrida

--- In [hidden email], Jamie Nay <jamie.nay@...> wrote:

> Well at first glance, I'd look towards the OSX side of things, since it
> doesn't sound like it has much to do with NakedMud. I happen to use a
> MacBook Pro too, and I don't have any troubles compiling. I'm using
> NakedMud version 3.6, but that shouldn't matter much for an error
like this.

> Are you running Tiger or Leopard? Also, what version of GCC? And,
> finally, are you compiling in terminal or using a program like xcode?
>
> kerrida_smaug wrote:
> >
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > Recently my host went down and ate my code, thankfully I had nothing
> > really major up yet. So I've downloaded the newest version to my
> > Macbook Pro.
> >
> > I tried to compile it and I get this:
> >
> > Building dependencies for time/time.c
> > cc1: internal compiler error: Bus error
> > Please submit a full bug report,
> > with preprocessed source if appropriate.
> > See <URL:http://developer.apple.com/bugreporter
> > <http://developer.apple.com/bugreporter>> for instructions.
> >
> > This goes on for every file.
> >
> > Now I used to be able to get 3.5 to compile with no issues after
> > fixing the Python stuff. Now, however, I get this same issue when I
> > try to compile 3.5.
> >
> > I was hoping that maybe you guys have and idea.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Kerrida
> >
> > ShadowsDawn

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[hidden email]
    mailto:[hidden email]

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: Re: Trouble Compiling

Jamie Nay
Well, I'm not sure if it's any comfort (probably not, since it means
there's a problem with your OS), but I just compiled version 3.5 on
Leopard with the same version of GCC. I'd say you might have a reinstall
on your hands, or at the very least a hard look at some of the core
compiler packages (way beyond my expertise!).

Sorry I couldn't be of more help - good luck!

- Jamie

kerrida_smaug wrote:

> Yeah I'm betting it's a OSX issue as well. May be taking it to the
> tech desk and having them reimage the thing.
>
> Using Leopard.
>
> GCC:
> i686-apple-darwin9-gcc-4.0.1
>
> I'm using terminal as I don't like working in IDEs usually when
> coding. Much prefer my text editor and command prompt.
>
> Thanks,
> Kerrida
>
> --- In [hidden email] <mailto:nakedmud%40yahoogroups.com>,
> Jamie Nay <jamie.nay@...> wrote:
> >
> > Well at first glance, I'd look towards the OSX side of things, since it
> > doesn't sound like it has much to do with NakedMud. I happen to use a
> > MacBook Pro too, and I don't have any troubles compiling. I'm using
> > NakedMud version 3.6, but that shouldn't matter much for an error
> like this.
> >
> > Are you running Tiger or Leopard? Also, what version of GCC? And,
> > finally, are you compiling in terminal or using a program like xcode?
> >
> > kerrida_smaug wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi guys,
> > >
> > > Recently my host went down and ate my code, thankfully I had nothing
> > > really major up yet. So I've downloaded the newest version to my
> > > Macbook Pro.
> > >
> > > I tried to compile it and I get this:
> > >
> > > Building dependencies for time/time.c
> > > cc1: internal compiler error: Bus error
> > > Please submit a full bug report,
> > > with preprocessed source if appropriate.
> > > See <URL:http://developer.apple.com/bugreporter
> <http://developer.apple.com/bugreporter>
> > > <http://developer.apple.com/bugreporter
> <http://developer.apple.com/bugreporter>>> for instructions.
> > >
> > > This goes on for every file.
> > >
> > > Now I used to be able to get 3.5 to compile with no issues after
> > > fixing the Python stuff. Now, however, I get this same issue when I
> > > try to compile 3.5.
> > >
> > > I was hoping that maybe you guys have and idea.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Kerrida
> > >
> > > ShadowsDawn

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[hidden email]
    mailto:[hidden email]

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: Re: Trouble Compiling

Geoff Hollis
I seem to recall having this problem on 10.3 once. I'm pretty sure a
gcc reinstall fixed everything.

On Jul 1, 2008, at 12:30 PM, Jamie Nay wrote:

> Well, I'm not sure if it's any comfort (probably not, since it means
> there's a problem with your OS), but I just compiled version 3.5 on
> Leopard with the same version of GCC. I'd say you might have a
> reinstall
> on your hands, or at the very least a hard look at some of the core
> compiler packages (way beyond my expertise!).
>
> Sorry I couldn't be of more help - good luck!
>
> - Jamie
>
> kerrida_smaug wrote:
> >
> > Yeah I'm betting it's a OSX issue as well. May be taking it to the
> > tech desk and having them reimage the thing.
> >
> > Using Leopard.
> >
> > GCC:
> > i686-apple-darwin9-gcc-4.0.1
> >
> > I'm using terminal as I don't like working in IDEs usually when
> > coding. Much prefer my text editor and command prompt.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Kerrida
> >
> > --- In [hidden email] <mailto:nakedmud%40yahoogroups.com>,
> > Jamie Nay <jamie.nay@...> wrote:
> > >
> > > Well at first glance, I'd look towards the OSX side of things,
> since it
> > > doesn't sound like it has much to do with NakedMud. I happen to
> use a
> > > MacBook Pro too, and I don't have any troubles compiling. I'm
> using
> > > NakedMud version 3.6, but that shouldn't matter much for an error
> > like this.
> > >
> > > Are you running Tiger or Leopard? Also, what version of GCC? And,
> > > finally, are you compiling in terminal or using a program like
> xcode?

> nothing

> > <http://developer.apple.com/bugreporter>
> > <http://developer.apple.com/bugreporter>>> for instructions.

> when I

Re: Trouble Compiling

kerrida_smaug
That is about all I can figure myself.  Currently working on
reinstalling it.  If that doesn't work, I'll likely drop it off at
help desk and tell them to re-install the thing.

Work with computers all day.. I don't wanna have to fix my own if I
don't have to :p

I will let you know how it goes.

Kerrida

--- In [hidden email], Geoff Hollis <hollis@...> wrote:

> I seem to recall having this problem on 10.3 once. I'm pretty sure a
> gcc reinstall fixed everything.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[hidden email]
    mailto:[hidden email]

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: Trouble Compiling

kerrida_smaug
Yup reinstalling Xcode, which includes the gcc compiler fixed
everything.  All I can figure is something got corrupted somehow.

Kerrida

--- In [hidden email], "kerrida_smaug" <kerrida_smaug@...>