Player Files

kerrida_smaug
I was looking over things, and just recalled something that I had been
meaning to ask for a long time.

What is the purpose of having there be ofiles and pfiles? How hard
would it be, and what sort of issues would there be if these were
simply one file?

Also, how difficult would it be to take the accounts and player files
and have them act like the areas do.

Something like:

accounts/M/Mario/character files/folder and account info here

That way the game could reference characters by char_name@Mario.

I'm thinking that if this was allowed and it would set the stage for
characters to be able to have the same name, and with a little more
additions (like extra keywords to denote which is which if more than
one are in the room).

Basically I fell that having the char& account data spread out across
3 locations is a bit bulky for what I need, and would liek to be able
to change it.  Just I'd like to have a bit of a nudge in the right
direction how difficult it'd be and what locations/things I need to be
certain to check on to be abe to make this happen.

kerrida

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[hidden email]
    mailto:[hidden email]

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: Player Files

Geoff Hollis
It would be really easy to set up. All you're doing is just
restructuring the directories. Pretty much all of the relevant
functions are going to be in save.c