NakedMUD, etc.

Kaylus
Administrator
I've been working on a few items for NakedMUD and was planning on releasing them shortly, part of that has turned into a large side-project for me, but I will get more into that in another message -- I was just trying to gauge interest in the community -- or gauge the community size itself! Anyways, I am actively working on an Intermud capable channel module and already have completed a handful of other modules, which I need to clean up -- one of which is a Socials/Soul module similar in style to the LP-TMI style, but with a better interface.

I was wondering how many people are out there with live NakedMUD projects..? Anybody with anything that can be logged in to? I know I shelved mine a while ago due to personal issues and just dusted it back off. The MUD world seems slightly smaller these days, but I am fine with that... :) More word on the projects later this week.

Kaylus
... I'm going to live to 150 years old -- or at least die trying.

Re: NakedMUD, etc.

Geoff Hollis
I for one would love to see some sort of intermud communication
module. My mud is coming along sporadically. I work on it when the
muse hits me, so sometimes there's months between chunks of progress.
But my project will certainly never die, and eventually will be public.

On Aug 6, 2008, at 4:09 PM, Kaylus wrote:

> I've been working on a few items for NakedMUD and was planning on
> releasing
> them shortly, part of that has turned into a large side-project for
> me, but
> I will get more into that in another message -- I was just trying
> to gauge
> interest in the community -- or gauge the community size itself!
> Anyways, I
> am actively working on an Intermud capable channel module and
> already have
> completed a handful of other modules, which I need to clean up --
> one of
> which is a Socials/Soul module similar in style to the LP-TMI
> style, but
> with a better interface.
>
> I was wondering how many people are out there with live NakedMUD
> projects..?
> Anybody with anything that can be logged in to? I know I shelved
> mine a
> while ago due to personal issues and just dusted it back off. The
> MUD world
> seems slightly smaller these days, but I am fine with that... :)
> More word
> on the projects later this week.
>
> Kaylus

Re: NakedMUD, etc.

Matt Adcock
I am working on quite a large project based on NakedMud at
http://www.maidendesmodus.com

It's still in early development but there are more details posted on our
forums at http://forum.maidendesmodus.com

The game server is not open to the public yet, but if anyone on this list
was interested in taking a look around you can create an account and then
send me the account name at [hidden email] and I can authorize the
account for access.

The test server is at maidendesmodus.com port 4002

2008/8/6 Kaylus <[hidden email]>

> I've been working on a few items for NakedMUD and was planning on releasing
> them shortly, part of that has turned into a large side-project for me, but
> I will get more into that in another message -- I was just trying to gauge
> interest in the community -- or gauge the community size itself! Anyways, I
> am actively working on an Intermud capable channel module and already have
> completed a handful of other modules, which I need to clean up -- one of
> which is a Socials/Soul module similar in style to the LP-TMI style, but
> with a better interface.
>
> I was wondering how many people are out there with live NakedMUD
> projects..?
> Anybody with anything that can be logged in to? I know I shelved mine a
> while ago due to personal issues and just dusted it back off. The MUD world
> seems slightly smaller these days, but I am fine with that... :) More word
> on the projects later this week.
>
> Kaylus

Re: NakedMUD, etc.

Kaylus
Administrator
The communication module will take a bit longer to package, I'm currently testing it against I3, I have plans to hook it up to IMC2, but I'm not taking that step at the moment, though it would probably be wise for me to start working on that interface as well -- and the protocol specs for it is relatively simple. Glad to see interest in it, though, and gives me a bit more of a boost to get it done.

Geoff Hollis wrote
I for one would love to see some sort of intermud communication
module. My mud is coming along sporadically. I work on it when the
muse hits me, so sometimes there's months between chunks of progress.
But my project will certainly never die, and eventually will be public.

... I'm going to live to 150 years old -- or at least die trying.

Re: NakedMUD, etc.

Kaylus
Administrator
Is it a Matt thing? Looks like you are desigining something that plans to go up against the Iron Realms stronghold? I checked the page out and looks really nice so far, I think I'm going to plan a stop in and look around.

Matt Adcock wrote